-
asking for the chinese version of Knoppix!!!
Yesterday I finally received the new Hard Drive in order to use my Laptop again. But before installing it, I had to back up all the important data inside, like my dairy and photos in these few years. I was suggested using Knoppix, then I could use an Adaptor to transfer all those Data and files from the old hard drive. After all I can install the new hard drive.
However, maybe I was using the Knoppix in English version, for those files with chinese names or content from any chinese wording, I could not see or find them at all! Like the Japanese songs, I still cuold find the one with English names but not the ones with Japanese or Chinese names. For the most important ones, like my photos and dairy in these few years, they are all not there... I have tried to use a chinese version called "Knoppix bv1al", I could work with my Laptop by using it, but it just can't connect with the old hard drive and see the files... So, I just wonder if there is any other chinese version of Knoppix which can connect with the old hard drive and enables me to get back all my important files.
Since the old hard drive will be collected very soon, I am really anxious and nervous about it. Moreover, I am doing exchange for this whole year, I really need my Laptop to have contact with my family...
Thx for all your sincere reply and help!!!
-
I remember under Fedore core 5, if your files are stored on NTFS sector and they have a chinese filename, you can't see them under linux. This is really not a problem of knoppix. Instead, it is a problem of fuse.
I am using Knoppix 5.1.1 now. I can see those files if they are on FAT32 sector, but the chinese characters in the filename are shown as "???".
Similar Threads
-
By marcus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By nicklaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:56 PM
-
By nicklaser in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:26 AM
-
By tosky in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 06:01 AM
-
By babo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2003, 02:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95