Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: asking for the chinese version of Knoppix!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1

    asking for the chinese version of Knoppix!!!

    Yesterday I finally received the new Hard Drive in order to use my Laptop again. But before installing it, I had to back up all the important data inside, like my dairy and photos in these few years. I was suggested using Knoppix, then I could use an Adaptor to transfer all those Data and files from the old hard drive. After all I can install the new hard drive.

    However, maybe I was using the Knoppix in English version, for those files with chinese names or content from any chinese wording, I could not see or find them at all! Like the Japanese songs, I still cuold find the one with English names but not the ones with Japanese or Chinese names. For the most important ones, like my photos and dairy in these few years, they are all not there... I have tried to use a chinese version called "Knoppix bv1al", I could work with my Laptop by using it, but it just can't connect with the old hard drive and see the files... So, I just wonder if there is any other chinese version of Knoppix which can connect with the old hard drive and enables me to get back all my important files.

    Since the old hard drive will be collected very soon, I am really anxious and nervous about it. Moreover, I am doing exchange for this whole year, I really need my Laptop to have contact with my family...

    Thx for all your sincere reply and help!!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6
    I remember under Fedore core 5, if your files are stored on NTFS sector and they have a chinese filename, you can't see them under linux. This is really not a problem of knoppix. Instead, it is a problem of fuse.

    I am using Knoppix 5.1.1 now. I can see those files if they are on FAT32 sector, but the chinese characters in the filename are shown as "???".

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:54 AM
  2. Simplified Chinese Version
    By nicklaser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:56 PM
  3. Simplified Chinese Version
    By nicklaser in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:26 AM
  4. Chinese fonts not smooth from version 2003-4-18.
    By tosky in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 06:01 AM
  5. howto add chinese input for knoppix?
    By babo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00