-
Booting Problems on My Laptop
Hi there, I'm experiencing troubles when booting from a CD with Knoppix v5.1 on my laptop. I'd like to know if anyone might know what's going on.
I burnt the Live CD recently and tried to boot from it. I get to the Knoppix boot prompt screen (where it says press enter to boot, or f2 or f3 for boot options), but when I press enter, it goes to a black screen and does not change or load. BIOS has been configured to boot from CD and all that Jazz.
I'm confident that nothing is wrong with the CD, because I successfully booted from a school computer and used Knoppix. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my hardware. My laptop is:
Sager NP9262
Intel Core 2 Q6600
nVidia Geforce 8700M GT (two in SLI)
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 X 2048MB
I'm not sure what information would be useful, so just ask for it and I'll pull it up. A technician friend of mine is convinced that it's the SLI causing the problem.
I'd like this problem resolved soon, so please respond.
Thanks,
MonsieurChortles
Similar Threads
-
By chilton57 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2006, 03:21 PM
-
By ncsuapex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-13-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By Postie in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By bxb32001 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
-
By MikeyMustang in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99