What speed did you burn the CD at?
I am trying to use Knoppix Live CD/DVD to retrieve files off my hard drive. However, when I boot up and get to the screen with the multi colored text I'm running into a problem. Its get through everything until it says
Looking for CD in: /dev/hdc
The console blinks for awhile and then seems to just stop. There is no apparent activity whatsoever. I've tried both the CD and DVD versions with the same thing. Any ideas?
What speed did you burn the CD at?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
40
Well, assuming that you confirmed the md5 checksum to know that the download was good, that is likely your problem. It really needs to be burnt at low speed (I suggest 4x). See answer #1 for more details.
Thats seems to of done the trick! Thanks alot! Hopefully I won't have any more issues!![]()

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00