Try this : Open a root shell , k->knoppix->root shell
then at the promp type: cupsd
and then start kprinter or the cups http interface (localhost:631 in a browser) and try adding your printer.
HTH
I'm trying to setup printing under Knoppix. I get an error when I open printer settings but found a document on-line explaining how to set it up. However, when I run the first command given, I get this error and can find NOTHING out about it on-line:
knoppix@Knoppix:~$ /etc/init.d/cupsys start
Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdFATAL: Error inserting lp (/lib/modules/2.6.19/kernel/drivers/char/lp.ko): Operation not permitted
FATAL: Error inserting ppdev (/lib/modules/2.6.19/kernel/drivers/char/ppdev.ko): Operation not permitted
cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
Advice is appreciated...
Thank you.
Schyler Jones[/code]
Try this : Open a root shell , k->knoppix->root shell
then at the promp type: cupsd
and then start kprinter or the cups http interface (localhost:631 in a browser) and try adding your printer.
HTH

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
Cisco ATA191-3PW-K9 2-Port Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Phone Gateway
$58.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07