Try this : Open a root shell , k->knoppix->root shell
then at the promp type: cupsd
and then start kprinter or the cups http interface (localhost:631 in a browser) and try adding your printer.
HTH
I'm trying to setup printing under Knoppix. I get an error when I open printer settings but found a document on-line explaining how to set it up. However, when I run the first command given, I get this error and can find NOTHING out about it on-line:
knoppix@Knoppix:~$ /etc/init.d/cupsys start
Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdFATAL: Error inserting lp (/lib/modules/2.6.19/kernel/drivers/char/lp.ko): Operation not permitted
FATAL: Error inserting ppdev (/lib/modules/2.6.19/kernel/drivers/char/ppdev.ko): Operation not permitted
cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
Advice is appreciated...
Thank you.
Schyler Jones[/code]
Try this : Open a root shell , k->knoppix->root shell
then at the promp type: cupsd
and then start kprinter or the cups http interface (localhost:631 in a browser) and try adding your printer.
HTH

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39