Hi,

I already searched the forum for this problem but havent found anything so here it goes (hope im not reposting):


Yesterday i downloaded Knoppix 5.1.1 from ftp.uni-kl.de


I burnt the live CD and the tried it on an old PC running Win XP Pro.

At first i had some problem running the CD but after changing the cd rom drive it worked OK.
Knoppix detected the Hard drive and i could browse it in file manager.
I didnt save anything to it of course.

The problem now is that my PC can't boot from my original hard drive.
I get this message:

"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The disk seems to be ok -> i can browse it in knoppix
so i have no idea what could be happening and how to solve this problem


Heeeelp Please


P.S - This PC was working fine, with no problems, prior to this
(BTW The HD drive is almost new and formatted with NTFS)

I also tried booting using Win XP Pro CD but after getting the message:
"Setup is inspecting your system hardware ..."
the screen goes black and the system seems to halt.