Hey,
I think it has been answered many times - have you tried -> http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ ?! It looks pretty good...
Good luck there!![]()
I have just tried out my Knoppix Maxi DVD, and I have a problem connecting to my wireless network. I simply don't know where to begin! Neither IceWeasel or Konqueror is able to show any website, so I am pretty sure I am not connected. Is it as easy as it is in Windows, you just get a list over all available networks within range, and select one?
I have not checked wether my network card is supported at all, but it is named Broadcom 802.11g Wireless Network Adapter.
Hey,
I think it has been answered many times - have you tried -> http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ ?! It looks pretty good...
Good luck there!![]()
Magnus, try opening a terminal or console window, and type "iwconfig" at the prompt. If you can copy and paste the output into your reply, we can see if your wireless card is detected.
lo no wireless extensions
eth0 no wireless extensions
wmaster0 IEEE 802.11g Frequency:2.412.GHz
RTS thr:off Fragment thr=2346 B
wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:""
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
RTS thr:off Fragment thr=2346 B
From what I see here, knoppix recognizes your wireless adapter as wlan0, so the next step is to setup your ESSID so that your machine can talk to your wireless router.Originally Posted by jacksonon
See http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ Q2 step 14 and start from there.
Post us back the result so that other users can learn from your experience.
Thanks and good luck
Chip

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99
SOYO SY25 R-Vesa Socket 3 Motherboard SiS Chipset Mainframe
$73.99