-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix from USB drive help
Hi there and happy holidays
I'm really new to Linux and I was able, with the precious help of Harry Kuhman on this forum, to figure out why knoppix wouldn't boot on my laptop. So far, by using the tohd/fromhd option I made it boot much faster from a usb pen which can't be used to store the configuration; also, the cd must still be in the drive for the prompt to show up, I suppose I should start by creating 2 or more partitions in it (how big?) and so on...
Could you point me to a tutorial which can help me have knoppix with just my 2gb usb pen drive to lug around?
P.S. I know it's all in the forum, looking for a shortcut 
thanks all
Marcello
Similar Threads
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By kennmurrah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

ST1000NM000A Seagate Exos 7E8 Hard drive TB internal 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7200 rpm
$115.56

6TB Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4 ST6000NM0024
$70.00