Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Internet using Knoppix 5.1 Live

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8

    Internet using Knoppix 5.1 Live

    Hi all

    I have a linux newspaper read, it is to surf the internet using a live - cd because a cd NOT described (which I can understand). I have also booted from this live - cd, have set up my network and everything funkt wonderful and I had NO SINGLE drive / partition mounted! Therefore, I was even more surprised than I was on the internet, my HD-partionen (which, as mentioned above were mounted NOT), were read out. How is this possible. Because I just wanted to prevent that, yes, I use this live - cd.

    About relevant information, I would be very grateful

    Bs: because I do not speak english / understand, I have to ask my GOOGLE created, sorry

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Let me see if I understand your question. You're running Knoppix 5.1 from the live cd. None of your disk partitions are mounted. Yet users on another machine are able to read your disks. You want to know how this is possible. Is that your question?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by turbine
    Let me see if I understand your question. You're running Knoppix 5.1 from the live cd. None of your disk partitions are mounted. Yet users on another machine are able to read your disks. You want to know how this is possible. Is that your question?
    One possibility is that Samba could be running. I've noticed that Samba can expose your partitions even though you don't have them mounted locally.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Hi
    Being grateful for the answer.
    "Turbine" You have understood the question correctly, and samba, I have never used.

Similar Threads

  1. Internet works in VMWARE(XP) but not in live cd, KNOPPIX.
    By dragonbeast25 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 11:37 AM
  2. Internet mit Knoppix 5.1 Live-CD
    By Fred_44 in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 10:17 AM
  3. Internet on Knoppix Live DVD
    By Jamesbond in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM
  4. Connecting to Internet Using Knoppix Live CD
    By jagdeesh85 in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 10:40 PM
  5. Enter Internet Trough Knoppix Live CD ( HOW ??? )
    By Maistro in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010 picture

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010

$64.95



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$49.99



Vintage Apple AppleDesign Powered Speakers M6082 Single Beige 1993 Mac Audio picture

Vintage Apple AppleDesign Powered Speakers M6082 Single Beige 1993 Mac Audio

$24.99



Vintage Apple IIe Enhanced A2S2064 Computer w/Monitor A2M2056 Disk Drive A2M0003 picture

Vintage Apple IIe Enhanced A2S2064 Computer w/Monitor A2M2056 Disk Drive A2M0003

$495.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested picture

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested

$210.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99