Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HARDWIRE NETWORKING FILE TRANSFER NOOB FORGOT

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    HARDWIRE NETWORKING FILE TRANSFER NOOB FORGOT

    I used this awesome program to get files out of a dead windows operating system. I forgot how to mount network drives so I can move files.. Can someone please refresh my memory!!!!! I am using a router with hard wires so it is not the wireless complexity i have ben reading about on here.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    well it looks like this program is 50 times better than when i used it 4 years ago.. it is all installed for me and I do not have to enter commands to get into the network. it was already there!! I love this program even mroe now!!!

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Linux will internetwork with Windows, but Windows can sometimes be problematic about it. You might be thinking of Samba or LinNeighborhood. But I find that the simplest solution is often the best - I don't use these when I'm trying to recover files. Instead I start a FTP server on the box that I want to transfer the files to, and I use Konouror as the FTP client to transfer the files. You'll find that FTP transfers the files much faster than Windows networking will (Windows XP seems to deliberately slow down the transfers when it detects that it isn't talking to another Windows system, or even an old Win98 system!)

Similar Threads

  1. Errors during file transfer and burn
    By Xiaron in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
  2. Minor Text File Problem, Transfer file in ASCII
    By bonkas in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
  3. gAIM and File Transfer
    By astump in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 01:34 AM
  4. Simple file transfer
    By Level7 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 02:34 PM
  5. NooB question; cross platform networking
    By Kram in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch

$89.99