Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't find USB flash drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1

    Can't find USB flash drive

    Hi, I'm new to Knoppix and I am in great need to transport a file to my computer. My windows xp won't boot up because of the corruption of hal.dll file. I need to replace the corrupted file with a new one. I figured I could download the file and put it on a memory key but I can't get the file off of the memory key in Knoppix. I've read many posts on this and they all say it's automatically supposed to create a partition for the memory key, but mine doesn't. I know that Knoppix sees the memory key because of a program called USB View. Dell Memory Key is listed under the USB UHCL Root Hub. I'm using knoppix 3.7 and a 128mb dell memory key. Your help to retrieve this file would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Can't find USB flash drive

    Quote Originally Posted by terox13
    Hi, I'm new to Knoppix and I am in great need to transport a file to my computer...... I'm using knoppix 3.7 and a 128mb dell memory key. Your help to retrieve this file would be much appreciated.
    If you're computer has NTFS partitions then you are wasting your time. Knoppix 3.7 can't write to NTFS partitions. Some people think that just maybe 5.1.1 can write to NTFS, but it's still somewhat of a risk, it might work, it might corrupt your disk. Better to safely backup what you need and then reinstall Windows (or some better OS).

Similar Threads

  1. USB Flash Drive
    By allanz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
  2. Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
    By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  3. using a PDA as a usb flash drive
    By jehan60188 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:57 PM
  4. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  5. Using a USB flash drive as RAM.....
    By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone picture

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone

$699.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99