-
Can't find USB flash drive
Hi, I'm new to Knoppix and I am in great need to transport a file to my computer. My windows xp won't boot up because of the corruption of hal.dll file. I need to replace the corrupted file with a new one. I figured I could download the file and put it on a memory key but I can't get the file off of the memory key in Knoppix. I've read many posts on this and they all say it's automatically supposed to create a partition for the memory key, but mine doesn't. I know that Knoppix sees the memory key because of a program called USB View. Dell Memory Key is listed under the USB UHCL Root Hub. I'm using knoppix 3.7 and a 128mb dell memory key. Your help to retrieve this file would be much appreciated.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Can't find USB flash drive

Originally Posted by
terox13
Hi, I'm new to Knoppix and I am in great need to transport a file to my computer...... I'm using knoppix 3.7 and a 128mb dell memory key. Your help to retrieve this file would be much appreciated.
If you're computer has NTFS partitions then you are wasting your time. Knoppix 3.7 can't write to NTFS partitions. Some people think that just maybe 5.1.1 can write to NTFS, but it's still somewhat of a risk, it might work, it might corrupt your disk. Better to safely backup what you need and then reinstall Windows (or some better OS).
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By jehan60188 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$490.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99