You should see drive icons stasting with sda or hda, what do you see on the desktop?
From the terminal, post the output of
fdisk -l (l as in list)
You first need to type su to become superuser
I just got knoppix 5.1 and I can't access my hard drive on my laptop...I had problems booting up earlier...so I was hoping to back up my documents and some other files on desktop onto a usb....I get the following error with knoppix:
Could not mount device
The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the file system, and none was specified
You should see drive icons stasting with sda or hda, what do you see on the desktop?
From the terminal, post the output of
fdisk -l (l as in list)
You first need to type su to become superuser

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45
$49.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99