You should see drive icons stasting with sda or hda, what do you see on the desktop?
From the terminal, post the output of
fdisk -l (l as in list)
You first need to type su to become superuser
I just got knoppix 5.1 and I can't access my hard drive on my laptop...I had problems booting up earlier...so I was hoping to back up my documents and some other files on desktop onto a usb....I get the following error with knoppix:
Could not mount device
The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the file system, and none was specified
You should see drive icons stasting with sda or hda, what do you see on the desktop?
From the terminal, post the output of
fdisk -l (l as in list)
You first need to type su to become superuser

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00
IBM X3650 M4 Server System Board 00MX553 00AM209 00Y8499 00Y8457 00D2888 00W2671
$230.00