Well, what version of knoppix are you using? I've been burning cd's using k3b using both the knoppix 4.02 dvd and the 5.11 cd versions.
I have two optical drives on my system. I have managed to boot from one of the drives and I can read CDs from the other drive after I mount it. However, I cannot burn any CDs. cdrecord -scanbus fails with"no such file or directory, try cdrecord -scanbus".
I find that there is no ide-cd module in Knoppix. Is it possible to use Knoppix to burn CDs? I know that there is little tmp space available, but I would like to make some small (< 10 MB) CDs at least.
Any help is appreciated.
Running Knoppix (Jan 2007).
TIA.
Well, what version of knoppix are you using? I've been burning cd's using k3b using both the knoppix 4.02 dvd and the 5.11 cd versions.
try running K3B (kIIIb) it should autodetect everything fairly well.
I started k3b as user and it autodetected both my drives. I was able to burn a CD, though applications were soon crashing due to OOM. I had lot of oomkill messages from the kernel.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99