Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Writing CDs with Knoppix: cdrecord -scanbus fails as root

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Writing CDs with Knoppix: cdrecord -scanbus fails as root

    I have two optical drives on my system. I have managed to boot from one of the drives and I can read CDs from the other drive after I mount it. However, I cannot burn any CDs. cdrecord -scanbus fails with"no such file or directory, try cdrecord -scanbus".

    I find that there is no ide-cd module in Knoppix. Is it possible to use Knoppix to burn CDs? I know that there is little tmp space available, but I would like to make some small (< 10 MB) CDs at least.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Running Knoppix (Jan 2007).

    TIA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Well, what version of knoppix are you using? I've been burning cd's using k3b using both the knoppix 4.02 dvd and the 5.11 cd versions.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    try running K3B (kIIIb) it should autodetect everything fairly well.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2

    Works with k3b

    I started k3b as user and it autodetected both my drives. I was able to burn a CD, though applications were soon crashing due to OOM. I had lot of oomkill messages from the kernel.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with K3B (or cdrecord) on Knoppix 4
    By lewisdw in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 03:45 AM
  2. cdrecord does not recognise the cd-drive
    By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:18 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 11:39 AM
  4. V3.6 fails to install into root partition
    By markb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 03:37 AM
  5. Why I used cdrecord from the CLI and no GUI
    By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99