-
cant delete desktop icons
Hi
I have several icons on my desktop that I dont need but cant delete. when I try to move them to another folder I get the "feature only avalible with hal"
error.
They are all related to the cd rom. I have recreated them in the apropriate folders so I dont need them on my desktop anymore.
I have navigated to the /home/"current user"/desktop and they dont appear
can anyone tell me how to get rid of them?
thanks pboodi
-
bump, i have the same problem
any one know the answer?
-
I have made some changes and now I can delete them, but they come back when I restart. Only the hard drive and flopy icons appear now.
any suggestions apriciated
Thanks
-
Can Anyone tell me why these icons reappear on restart after I have deleted them?
-
Senior Member
registered user
The icons are auto-generated at boot time during the fstab scan.
Most of them should go away if you boot with this cheatcode:
knoppix nofstab
Or you can create a simple shell script to delete them after bootup. A shell script is similar to an old MS-DOS batch file and can be used to automate manual tasks.
Search google for the Advanced BASH scripting guide for more detailed help.
-
cbagger01
Thank you id been waiting since December for an answer
your response was helpful
Props for answering
Similar Threads
-
By Pacas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
-
By bm-w in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2006, 08:19 AM
-
By michael7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By skyconcert in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98