-
Junior Member
registered user
I think there was a misunderstanding.
I am using static IPs (if i'm correct that's exactly the opposite of DHCP).
So that is why i have to configure my
IP address to 192.168.2.101
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Broadcast 192.168.2.255 - works now
Gateway 192.168.2.1
always. i.e. I need them to stay like that .
I think once i had found a command to display all the hardware configuration - if you can tell it to me it's better but i might find it again.
I didn't quite understand what you meant by NIC but i'm using ASRock motherboard 939A8X-M with
Ali/Uli M5263 ethernet .
I will try checking if knoppix is configuring the right driver for it.
The problem you mentioned about the gateway was in fact about the broadcast. I didn't know what to put there and while doing netcardconfig i mistyped and put 192.168.0.255 instead of 192.168.2.255. I think that 192.168.2.255 is good, right?
About NTFS : is there any safe way to share data between linux and windows (until i get everything running ok)?
Please confirm that my IP settings look fine now.
And also if you can, give me some commands that will give you the answers you need.
Similar Threads
-
By MGILB81 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
-
By zaccraven in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM
-
By lostinspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By axopro in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By rayman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00