SO, i had given up trying to use linux because i couldn't get connected through pppoe. Now I had the need of installing a router and since with this there should be no pppoe configurations through Knoppix and only through the router I am trying again. I setup the router myself and although it works perfectly on Win XP i might have done something wrong. What I did and supposedly works as i want it is this, I connected my PC using ethernet to the router while another PC is connected through wireless. The PC directly connected to the router works fine on XP (internet). The router should be set up using static IP to the PCs and DHCP to ISP. One question I have is this:
If the Inet is the IP address from eth0 to router and the gateway and mask are the same as on XP, what exactly is the Bcast IP??
I set it as blank in netcardconfig and it showed up 192.168.2.255. With this configuration i could browse the router GUI but unless there is something else to setup on KNOPPIX the internet connection is not working(on the PC connected with ethernet card). Also question 2 is this:
what is 'lo'? is it the LAN in winXP?
Do i have to set it up in some way? And also:
If i can browse the router , what is wrong with the internet connection? It shows up on the router! So i presume that it is eth0 that in fact i should have set up(and i did).
Thanks and regards.