-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix from USB drive help
Hi there and happy holidays
I'm really new to Linux and I was able, with the precious help of Harry Kuhman on this forum, to figure out why knoppix wouldn't boot on my laptop. So far, by using the tohd/fromhd option I made it boot much faster from a usb pen which can't be used to store the configuration; also, the cd must still be in the drive for the prompt to show up, I suppose I should start by creating 2 or more partitions in it (how big?) and so on...
Could you point me to a tutorial which can help me have knoppix with just my 2gb usb pen drive to lug around?
P.S. I know it's all in the forum, looking for a shortcut 
thanks all
Marcello
Similar Threads
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By kennmurrah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00

Vintage Tandy the fundamentals HX/TX tandy cat. no. 25-1186 New Sealed
$325.00