Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix from USB drive help

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10

    Knoppix from USB drive help

    Hi there and happy holidays

    I'm really new to Linux and I was able, with the precious help of Harry Kuhman on this forum, to figure out why knoppix wouldn't boot on my laptop. So far, by using the tohd/fromhd option I made it boot much faster from a usb pen which can't be used to store the configuration; also, the cd must still be in the drive for the prompt to show up, I suppose I should start by creating 2 or more partitions in it (how big?) and so on...

    Could you point me to a tutorial which can help me have knoppix with just my 2gb usb pen drive to lug around?

    P.S. I know it's all in the forum, looking for a shortcut

    thanks all
    Marcello

  2. #2
    Just google or click the url below and u will be more than happy......

    http://www.google.at/search?q=knoppix+usb+bootable

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10

    It's just fantastic

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusWinkler
    Just google or click the url below and u will be more than happy......

    http://www.google.at/search?q=knoppix+usb+bootable
    Hi Markus,

    in fact, since my post I did some research and found one of those places you suggest and I was able to make Knoppix 5.1.1 boot from a usb pendrive; after that, by using GPart I created a second partition which I now use to save myconf. This is simply exceptional considering all the apps I have quick access to and the fact that even the wireless connection works - everyhing except the pcmcia slot...

    Would you mind pointing me to a good source to understand usefulness of the "make persistent knoppix image" option versus just the saving configuration option?

    Thanks and have a great 2008
    Marcello

Similar Threads

  1. Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
    By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  2. problem copying linux drive to usb thumb drive
    By kennmurrah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM
  3. Hard drive / data recovery / force show drive
    By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  4. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  5. Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
    By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested picture

Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested

$105.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good

$1099.99



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1769.85



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$465.02



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99