-
Booting Problem (PC won't recognize that I want to boot 5.1)
Hi, sorry I'm such a novice at this. I used Bit Torrent to download KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN. I loaded all 8 files onto a CD, made sure it was not in a bootable format, using NERO. I did a checksum of the MD5 on both the downloaded files that I had on the hard drive, and also of the copy burned onto the CD -- 100%, Zero Errors. When I turn on the computer, it keeps going automatically to XP Pro. I tried changing the boot priority in the BIOS so it checked the CD ROM first, but it still ends up booting on XP PRO. I don't see anything different during the boot process. Is there something else I'm missing? Do I need some kind of directory structure on the CD? I just have 8 files on the root directory of the CD. Also, I ask for your patience if you point me to cheat codes, etc. I don't know anything about that stuff, yet. THank you!!
Similar Threads
-
By yukichigai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 07:23 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 02:45 PM
-
By e.newed in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
-
By freakboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

• Authentic TUMI 96081D4 Black Leather Daypack Travel Laptop Backpack - Vintage
$175.00

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99

Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00