-
Booting Problem (PC won't recognize that I want to boot 5.1)
Hi, sorry I'm such a novice at this. I used Bit Torrent to download KNOPPIX_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN. I loaded all 8 files onto a CD, made sure it was not in a bootable format, using NERO. I did a checksum of the MD5 on both the downloaded files that I had on the hard drive, and also of the copy burned onto the CD -- 100%, Zero Errors. When I turn on the computer, it keeps going automatically to XP Pro. I tried changing the boot priority in the BIOS so it checked the CD ROM first, but it still ends up booting on XP PRO. I don't see anything different during the boot process. Is there something else I'm missing? Do I need some kind of directory structure on the CD? I just have 8 files on the root directory of the CD. Also, I ask for your patience if you point me to cheat codes, etc. I don't know anything about that stuff, yet. THank you!!
Similar Threads
-
By yukichigai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 07:23 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 02:45 PM
-
By e.newed in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
-
By freakboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco UCS-MR-X32G2RT-H 768GB (24x32GB) DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 Server RAM Lot
$4300.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99