Quote Originally Posted by garfield
.... I loaded all 8 files onto a CD, made sure it was not in a bootable format, using NERO. ....
Well, checking the MD5 was good. Not usually needed as long as you use BitTorrent, but worth doing anyway. Unfortunately, everything else that you did was pretty much wrong. And, this is interesting, on the same page of this forum, currently just 2 posts below yours, there was someone else who posted with the exact same subject line. He was asked to read my answer #1, which explains how to find the downloading FAQ, which will give you all of the steps that you need. The same advice would have helped you. At this point for you it's both knowing how to burn the ISO file as an image and the importance of burning at low speed. Still, it wouldn't hurt to read the FAQ, just in case I didn't remember to mention something else (it's late here and I'm getting sleepy).