Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Error: can't nfsmount knoppix file system

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Error: can't nfsmount knoppix file system

    XTlabs,

    I was trying to remove your post on the two other forums, but somehow it also got deleted from the Networking forum as well. I'm really sorry about this. I'm pasting in the text from your post below. Normally it will suffice to post a question on one forum only.

    --------------------------------
    XTlabs - Previous Post
    --------------------------------

    hello,

    We are trying to set up knoppix for a school lab. We are running 20 workstations (diskless) with 512 megs of memory on the server.

    we keep getting the same error message: can't nfsmount knoppix file system

    Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it??

    Thank you,

    Marc

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I suspect that you are running the terminal server from a hdinstall. I get the same error when I try and set things up this way. So far I haven't found a solution, but I suspect you may want to play around with.

    /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver
    and/or
    /usr/sbin/knoppix-terminalserver

    If you figure out any solution for this, I would be grateful if you would post it here. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to mess with this, but I'm planning on sitting down and trying to work with it a bit more when I have time.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Error: can't nfsmount knoppix file system

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    XTlabs,

    I was trying to remove your post on the two other forums, but somehow it also got deleted from the Networking forum as well. I'm really sorry about this. I'm pasting in the text from your post below. Normally it will suffice to post a question on one forum only.
    I think that was me at the same time removing to the leave one post.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    zhejiang,China
    Posts
    15
    I hope you read and post reply with this link:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2533

    Let's found a solution for the Knoppix hd-install diskless system.
    Thank.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot Error, Cant find KNOPPIX file system
    By macgregor in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:03 AM
  2. Can't Find KNOPPIX File System..
    By MR.Error in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 06:58 AM
  3. HELP..... Knoppix can't find File System
    By BiggJeff74 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
  4. Cannot find Knoppix file system error
    By Arun in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 05:40 PM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR** picture

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**

$69.99



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power picture

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power

$129.99



Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari picture

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari

$129.99



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games picture

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games

$349.30