-
Problem accessin hard drive with knoppix
I just got knoppix 5.1 and I can't access my hard drive on my laptop...I had problems booting up earlier...so I was hoping to back up my documents and some other files on desktop onto a usb....I get the following error with knoppix:
Could not mount device
The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the file system, and none was specified
-
Senior Member
registered user
You should see drive icons stasting with sda or hda, what do you see on the desktop?
From the terminal, post the output of
fdisk -l (l as in list)
You first need to type su to become superuser
Similar Threads
-
By d1g1tal_ph3r3t in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
-
By tp671 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
-
By fatblueduck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
-
By dukka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By cantlin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95