Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Windows XP Encrypted Files -- Login ID Crashed -- Help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3

    Windows XP Encrypted Files -- Login ID Crashed -- Help!

    I have XP on my system, and a few days ago, while booting, I started getting "Corrupt Local Profile" messages, and "Recovering Corrupted Sectors" messages. It looks like I now have 3 login-IDs (tohtake, tohtake.PAVILION-XE745, and tohtake.XP-E85F6C58E46A).

    On my computer, I have 2 physical drives. The first, "C" holds mainly my program files and profiles. The second physical drive is my "E" Drive, which has all my data.

    My problem is that on the E-Drive, I had encrypted my folders. After "corrupt local profile" issue, it doesn't look like I can log in under my original user ID. So, I can't read any of the folders, or access them ("access denied" or "unreadable" messages come up). I was hoping logging in using Linux might give me
    some hope, but that doesn't seem to work either.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate to "recover" my files. I can see the file names, but just can't get into the.

    Thank you everyone!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Windows XP Encrypted Files -- Login ID Crashed -- Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by garfield
    I have XP on my system, and a few days ago, while booting, I started getting "Corrupt Local Profile" messages, and "Recovering Corrupted Sectors" messages. It looks like I now have 3 login-IDs (tohtake, tohtake.PAVILION-XE745, and tohtake.XP-E85F6C58E46A).

    On my computer, I have 2 physical drives. The first, "C" holds mainly my program files and profiles. The second physical drive is my "E" Drive, which has all my data.

    My problem is that on the E-Drive, I had encrypted my folders. After "corrupt local profile" issue, it doesn't look like I can log in under my original user ID. So, I can't read any of the folders, or access them ("access denied" or "unreadable" messages come up). I was hoping logging in using Linux might give me
    some hope, but that doesn't seem to work either.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate to "recover" my files. I can see the file names, but just can't get into the.

    Thank you everyone!
    Never encountered this before.

    However, it sounds like it is really difficult here. You can still do it a try by using knoppix live cd to boot up your system and see if you can access your folders in the e: drive.

    Even you can access your file, you still need the de-encryption mechanisim to get back the real data.

    How about recovery your windows os and then try to read things back from windows? You might need help from Microsoft.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29
    If the following boot up option (F-10 key) is possible for you to do, you can chose to restore, without losing your data, if you use your Restore Windows option at boot up...for example, when I boot, I click the F-10 key, and then the "Advanced" button, and it gives me the option of restoring Windows without removing any of my previously installed programs...

    US

Similar Threads

  1. Copying files from crashed windows with Knoppix
    By munruben in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Saving files from crashed partition/hd
    By Ichir in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
  3. synching files with encrypted USB
    By g4j in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:55 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
  5. kde windows crashed
    By jmpereira in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy picture

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy

$499.99



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99