-
Windows XP Encrypted Files -- Login ID Crashed -- Help!
I have XP on my system, and a few days ago, while booting, I started getting "Corrupt Local Profile" messages, and "Recovering Corrupted Sectors" messages. It looks like I now have 3 login-IDs (tohtake, tohtake.PAVILION-XE745, and tohtake.XP-E85F6C58E46A).
On my computer, I have 2 physical drives. The first, "C" holds mainly my program files and profiles. The second physical drive is my "E" Drive, which has all my data.
My problem is that on the E-Drive, I had encrypted my folders. After "corrupt local profile" issue, it doesn't look like I can log in under my original user ID. So, I can't read any of the folders, or access them ("access denied" or "unreadable" messages come up). I was hoping logging in using Linux might give me
some hope, but that doesn't seem to work either.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm desperate to "recover" my files. I can see the file names, but just can't get into the.
Thank you everyone!
Similar Threads
-
By munruben in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
-
By Ichir in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
-
By g4j in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:55 PM
-
By eyeaspire in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
-
By jmpereira in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21