-
running out of disk space when cp -Rp
Hi all:
I am back to updating a live CD I created a while back. I want to start from scratch with the latest KNOPPIX. I am following the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto. In step 2 when performing the
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX
command I constantly get errors and after quite some time I am getting it hasn't even finished copying the folder and I am using an empty 8 Gig partition to copy the source files to.
I searched the forums and haven't come across anybody experiencing something similar. Wondering if anybody had an idea.
Alternatively I tried tried to loop mount the KNOPPIX compressed file. I tried it manually and with I am always getting errors like this
[root (knx)]# extract_compressed_fs KNOPPIX > knoppix.img
230037291 blocks of size 3977919309. Preamble:
hsqsÅ+
lseek to 16136247860849191167: Invalid argument
Thanks in advance
AR
Similar Threads
-
By doglover in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
-
By inflames989 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-20-2006, 05:54 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2006, 12:15 AM
-
By paparazzo79 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99