As Harry Kuhman always says, check the integrity of the cd or dvd that you're running knoppix from. Maybe you got a bad burn.
I don't know where the problem is. I am quite new to knoppix but i managed to configure the internet-because i had some problems with that, so i'm starting to get a little grip on it.
My biggest problem now is that knoppix always hangs and i don't even know where to start from to troubleshoot this problem.
I have an AMD 3200+ with 1Gb ram all the devices and controllers seem to be configured correctly. I used a SWAP file configuration and also did a persistent knoppix image on USB pendrive.
These didn't help solving the problem.
My harddisks are not always available to write on and sometimes i also find icons for nonexistent drives!
I'm not very much concerned about the drives for now because at least sometimes they work, but i recon that it's probably that which is making my knoppix hang. Btw on windows xp i don't have any of these clashes -just to be clear that the PC works fine.
I am trying to install firefox now because i couldn't get flash playback on konqueror after installing flash player 9.
If anyone can help me with any of these it would be very much appreciated.
thanks
As Harry Kuhman always says, check the integrity of the cd or dvd that you're running knoppix from. Maybe you got a bad burn.
If you are using the Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD, type in the following at the Knoppix boot screen "knoppix acpi=off " (without the quotation marks) and see if this will get the Knoppix operating system to work for you.
Mine used to hang, also, until I used that particular command at the boot up screen. Now it loads ok.
US

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade
$350.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5ββ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99