-
Knoppix can't recognize USB harddrive
I caught a virus a couple of weeks ago and eventually XP would not reboot in any mode. I had a lot of data on my laptop's hardrive I wanted to save, so I booted up with my Knoppix CDROM and tried to dump the data to a Western Digital Portfolio USB hardrive. Eventually, after rebooting a few times, changing read/write permissions, unplugging and replugging the drive, etc., I got Knoppix to recognize the drive and dump to it. Now, after re-installing XP, I can't get the drive to be recognized on Linux or windows.
I keep getting this error message in Knoppix:
"Could not mount device
error:
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified."
Is there a way I can change the filesystem type manually, or any other way to get the drive recognized? Somehow I got it recognized before, but I am pretty unfamiliar with Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By Ian111384 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
-
By churrodudeski in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2006, 02:11 AM
-
By klifnor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00