Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29

    If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits

    If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits, what should we use to play the Google videos when we are using Knoppix 5.1.1 and would like to see some videos while online at Google.Com's web site?

    Thank you!

    Blessings

    US

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Can you download the multimedia files and play them with xine or mplayer?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29

    hi Turbine!

    Quote Originally Posted by turbine
    Can you download the multimedia files and play them with xine or mplayer?
    I have managed to download one video, about two weeks ago, from either You Tube or Google Video. I didn't take notes on how I did it and I have noticed that the "download" button is not always visible on the web page that is hosting the video/s. Yes, I did get to play the video by using one of the softwares included in the "K-Menu > Multimedia" button. (I don't remember which one I used to play the video but I do remember downloading it and then playing it offline with one of those programs.)

    If you are familiar with a linux command that enables us to "capture" and/or download videos from web pages, please elaborate.

    To be real safe, one may use the Knoppix live CD to go online and play videos, as opposed to using a Knoppix OS that may be installed on our/their hard drive/s. I'm using this procedure to play videos instead of using my Knoppix 5.1.1 OS that I have installed on my hard drive.

    Thanks, Turbine, for writing back.

    US

Similar Threads

  1. Live CD with Adobe Flash: how?
    By yukichigai in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
  2. trying to install flash player in v6.2
    By Albretch in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM
  3. Is it safe to use the Adobe Flash Player with Knoppix 5.1.1?
    By Uncle Stinky in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
  4. Flash Player
    By austinite in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 04:56 AM
  5. The flash player
    By Lemming in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable  picture

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable

$155.00



Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box picture

Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box

$159.95



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97



Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box picture

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box

$200.00



ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 800XL/1200XL 256k Memory Upgrade Kit picture

Atari 800XL/1200XL 256k Memory Upgrade Kit

$48.00



Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached). picture

Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).

$95.50



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75