-
editing boot.img and miniroot.gz kernel panic
Hi
I want to have knoppix start of a usb flashdrive.
When linuxrc is looking for the KNOPPIX filesystem it fails to detect it in the /KNOPPIX/ folder on the flashdrive
I tried to edit the linuxrc located in the miniroot.gz to just have it look in /dev/sda1.
I am using grub and have grub call the boot.img which allows me to boot the same way I boot off of the CD.
I edited the linuxrc file using the loop mount method for both boot.img and miniroot.gz
However when trying to boot using the modified linuxrc I am getting the follwing error:
Code:
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01
I am wondering if it has to do that I am screwing up the boot.img file by editing inside the loop?
Are there any other ways of doing this?
Thanks
AR
Similar Threads
-
By javaneo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
-
By Taldor in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
-
By dinacre in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By BoyBlitz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1
$379.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95