Can you download the multimedia files and play them with xine or mplayer?
If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits, what should we use to play the Google videos when we are using Knoppix 5.1.1 and would like to see some videos while online at Google.Com's web site?
Thank you!
Blessings
US
Can you download the multimedia files and play them with xine or mplayer?
I have managed to download one video, about two weeks ago, from either You Tube or Google Video. I didn't take notes on how I did it and I have noticed that the "download" button is not always visible on the web page that is hosting the video/s. Yes, I did get to play the video by using one of the softwares included in the "K-Menu > Multimedia" button. (I don't remember which one I used to play the video but I do remember downloading it and then playing it offline with one of those programs.)Originally Posted by turbine
If you are familiar with a linux command that enables us to "capture" and/or download videos from web pages, please elaborate.
To be real safe, one may use the Knoppix live CD to go online and play videos, as opposed to using a Knoppix OS that may be installed on our/their hard drive/s. I'm using this procedure to play videos instead of using my Knoppix 5.1.1 OS that I have installed on my hard drive.
Thanks, Turbine, for writing back.
US

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00
SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM
$1950.00