-
Is Knoppix What I Am Looking For?
I have an 80 Gig external USB drive and want to set up a full guest OS on it so I can utilize my drive elsewhere without actually intruding on someone else's machine except for utilizing their hardware. I run into difficulty with a regular install of any OS because it sets up according to the hardware I initially installed the OS on. Naturally, elsewhere, hardware will be different. I need a situation where I have a full OS install to the USB drive, such as Debian, but it also needs to detect and utilize whatever hardware I am hooked up to, in the manner the Knoppix Live CD does.
Basically, I guess what I am saying is that I need something to run like a normal install of Debian or Fedora does but with the ability to detect and configure hardware at boot up like a Live CD does. Is it possible?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Corsair G.SKILL Trident Z Vengeance RGB Pro - DDR4 - 2x16 GB
$234.99