Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: saving myconf on different PCs?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10

    saving myconf on different PCs?

    Hi,
    I'm saving the knoppix configuration on the second partition of a usb stick while knoppix boots from the first partition of the same usb stick

    The problem is that if I load knoppix on another PC I'm able to retrieve the data using myconf=scan but I can't save the knoppix configuration and I can't mount the device, I see the icons on the desktop I used to see on the other machine althou they don't exist.

    How do I tell knoppix to scan for existing devices and mount them?

    Thanks
    Marcello

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    If you're trying to take the myconf files that you created on pc A over to pc B and boot pc B using those files, you might run into difficulties. When I tried that with two different computers, the boot on pc B didn't work.

Similar Threads

  1. Default myconf=scan and post startup command file
    By longlostname in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
  2. Make "myconf=scan" default
    By swp009 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
  3. problem adding "myconf=scan home=/dev/sda1" to iso
    By FlameWeasel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 05:08 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



UniFi UCG Ultra Gateway Max picture

UniFi UCG Ultra Gateway Max

$200.00



Protectli Vault FW4B - 4 Port, Firewall Micro Appliance - 8GB RAM, 32GB SSD picture

Protectli Vault FW4B - 4 Port, Firewall Micro Appliance - 8GB RAM, 32GB SSD

$300.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99