-
Senior Member
registered user
If you want to experiment with this today, the Google Nexus 7 is relatively hacker-friendly, and inexpensive. Hopefully, this year the first Tizen devices will be launched, and they should be closer to the "white box" we want. Also devices running Firefox "OS" could turn out to be easier to modify. I have no idea whether Intel-based tablets could be made to run PC-based systems like Knoppix unmodified, all adaptations I have looked into, have been based on Debian compiled for ARM. Tried running Debian under/with Android on a rooted, but otherwise unmodified Nexus 7, but I consider that verison mostly as proof of concept: Had to use vncviewer on the tablet for graphics display, for example.
But, as I have written elsewhere here, I think Knoppix on tablets would be a very efficient way of running Linux on them. And most of the needed programs are already up and running there, thanks to the Debian port to ARM.
-
Senior Member
registered user
.
FYI
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7...ugly-new-oses/
I'm looking for a device on which to run Knoppix Touch.
Last edited by utu; 03-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Similar Threads
-
By mcsweetie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By WaldoPepper in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99