Did you verify the md5 checksum of the download? Did you burn your CD at low speed?Originally Posted by roniswar
Hello,
I've download the last version of knoppix from the official site(one of the mirrors), but when I upload it from the cd,
it starts identifing the hardware ok, but then after wards this error message is dance on my screen, though my keyboard
is pretty normal microsoft keyboard, perhaps it's anpther input..anyone has an idea what causes this problem, and how to solve it??
thanks,
ron
Did you verify the md5 checksum of the download? Did you burn your CD at low speed?Originally Posted by roniswar
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
acually I didn't, but after you told me I've check the md5 and burn it again with x8 speed, but problem remains, I'll try another download..
If the md5 checksum was right there is absolutely no reason to try another download. You've already tried a second burn, so assuming that you are using 700 meg CDs and not 650 meg CDs, that isn't likely to be the problem either. You claim to have standard hardware, but it seems likely that there is something that you are not telling us, since this is not a common problem. I suggest booting with the expert cheat code and tell us just where in the boot process the problem occurs. Also, take notes on how you answer each question. Finally, try changing the answer to the last question before you hit the problem (if there is an alternate answer that would make sense).Originally Posted by roniswar
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I found another people who had the exact same problem, one link is:
http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic53877.html
it's weird that it seems that no one knows exactly what causes this problem.
by the way I was acer 19' lcd screen, usual resulotion 1280x1024,
the video card is nvidia geforce 7300
I suggest booting with the expert cheat code and tell us just where in the boot process the problem occurs. Also, take notes on how you answer each question. Finally, try changing the answer to the last question before you hit the problem (if there is an alternate answer that would make sense).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
problem solved thanks to Mr Klaus Knopper, so if anyone asks again about this problem
you should write "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" in the first boot screen. thanks for the help.

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga A1200 Shield Set with plastic insulation - Good condition
$89.51
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00