-
Repairing boot processes using Knoppix
I'm new to Knoppix and I'm hoping you can point me quickly at what I need.
I'm using the 5.1.1 CD to try to repair a newish system. I thought the problem was with the hard disc but Knoppix seems to show it OK. So it must be the BIOS or nvidia boot loader or (less likely) GRUB that's at fault.
I can't see anything in the FAQs about repairing BIOS or boot loaders or GRUB. Gparted and QtParted don't seem to address this at all.
Is there info anywhere about how to repair boot processes using Knoppix ?
I guess this is a silly question, and maybe the answer's staring me in the face, but I can't see it.
All the best, S
Similar Threads
-
By pezz453 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 07:05 AM
-
By hunphi96 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 10:01 AM
-
By Howitzer17 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 07:51 AM
-
By Seldon in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By egancs in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 01:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

32GB (2x16GB) SK Hynix PC4-2666V DDR4-21300 Desktop Memory HMA82GU6JJR8N-VK
$109.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99