-
Senior Member
registered user
Unable to get ispell to work
Any English speakers here who have gotten ispell to work properly on a hdinstall? I have been using Open Office as my default word processor, but I want to spend more time with Kword. Each time I try to enable spelling in Kword I get the following error message, "Ispell could not be started Please make sure you have Ispell configured and in your path." Ispell is most certainly installed located at /usr/bin/ispell. I haven't messed with ispell much before and haven't been able to find out how to correct this. Anyone else abel to get it fixed?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I got it. Anyone who needs to get this fixed should look at Stephen's comments in the following post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1695#7762
His advice to apt-get install iamerican worked. All I had to do after this was go Kword/Settings/Configure Kword/Spelling/Dictionary - English (United States of America)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Unable to get ispell to work

Originally Posted by
aay
Any English speakers here who have gotten ispell to work properly on a hdinstall?
naw I kin spel gud enuf on mown alreddy.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 02:19 PM
-
By amiskwia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By ufodoug in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 04:52 AM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By m487396 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Slightly Used - Lenovo IP Slim 3 Chrome 14M868 14" Touchschcreen .
$80.00