Hello all,
I did not find any posts regarding this kind of solution.
So, I have an old SCO system that I need to back up completely, every night. My plan is: create a Knoppix or other Linux CD, that would stay in the CD-drive always. Then we'll boot the SCO every night, then the Linux CD takes a complete backup of the hard drives using dd for the system drives and tar for others, then after taking the backup, it would shutdown itself and boot from the first system hard drive, hence booting it back into standard SCO, which runs a business critical system.
I have never created such a bootable Linux, even though I have plenty of experience with Linuxes and Unixes. I do know how to add the backup scripts and such, but I am not sure how to make it boot to the SCO again after the backup.
I would be grateful on advice. Also all tips towards good guides on creating custom Knoppix CD are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)
$75.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount
$350.00