-
Senior Member
registered user
KATE and CUPS?
Has anyone else had this problem? Whenever I use KATE and then configure a printer, KATE has a segfault error captured by the KDE crash handler when I actually try to print (over TCP).
I'm having this difficulty on every PC I upgraded to V3.2_20030516 on my LAN. The other PCs have always worked fine doing this with KATE (V3.1_20030101).
BTW, I'm using the PoorMan's DualBoot and the DOSbootdisk.
TIA,
-
Senior Member
registered user
At first I thought it was a problem with CUPS. I don't think so any longer as I've tried it with HP DeskJet 930C, HP LaserJet 4050N and HP Color Laserjet 4000 drivers with the same results. So, unless the new CUPS has bad HP drivers, its not likely to be probelm with CUPS.
Then I tried printing from KWrite and KLYX without a problem. It looks like a problem with KATE.
This is unfortunate as my students love the colored C++ code they get to debug in KATE!
Anyone know of a fix? Can anyone at least confirm this bug - am I crazy or what?
TIA,
-
Junior Member
registered user
I will try to duplicate this if I get the chance. Do you mean you configure the printer from inside a Kate print dialog, or are you just trying to print with Kate?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, I was just editting some C++ code in KATE. Then I needed to print it. So I clicked <K><KNOPPIX><CONFIGURE><CONFIGURE PRINTERS> as I always had before. Once the printer was configured as usual, then I went back to KATE and printed to my configured printer and KATE just disappeared and printed nothing! Its as if all RAM was exhausted and KATE crashed. In fact, I do get the KDE crash handler some times when I try this....
I have this problem with the V3.2 2003.0520 CD (I think, sorry its at work). I have no problem with V3.1 2003.0101 CD. BTW, is that V3.1 Final (since it was the last V3.1 release)?
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:42 AM
-
By HomerCube in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:38 AM
-
By Razor-X in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:09 AM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
-
By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00