Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KATE and CUPS?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    KATE and CUPS?

    Has anyone else had this problem? Whenever I use KATE and then configure a printer, KATE has a segfault error captured by the KDE crash handler when I actually try to print (over TCP).

    I'm having this difficulty on every PC I upgraded to V3.2_20030516 on my LAN. The other PCs have always worked fine doing this with KATE (V3.1_20030101).

    BTW, I'm using the PoorMan's DualBoot and the DOSbootdisk.

    TIA,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    At first I thought it was a problem with CUPS. I don't think so any longer as I've tried it with HP DeskJet 930C, HP LaserJet 4050N and HP Color Laserjet 4000 drivers with the same results. So, unless the new CUPS has bad HP drivers, its not likely to be probelm with CUPS.

    Then I tried printing from KWrite and KLYX without a problem. It looks like a problem with KATE.

    This is unfortunate as my students love the colored C++ code they get to debug in KATE!

    Anyone know of a fix? Can anyone at least confirm this bug - am I crazy or what?

    TIA,

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    I will try to duplicate this if I get the chance. Do you mean you configure the printer from inside a Kate print dialog, or are you just trying to print with Kate?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Well, I was just editting some C++ code in KATE. Then I needed to print it. So I clicked <K><KNOPPIX><CONFIGURE><CONFIGURE PRINTERS> as I always had before. Once the printer was configured as usual, then I went back to KATE and printed to my configured printer and KATE just disappeared and printed nothing! Its as if all RAM was exhausted and KATE crashed. In fact, I do get the KDE crash handler some times when I try this....

    I have this problem with the V3.2 2003.0520 CD (I think, sorry its at work). I have no problem with V3.1 2003.0101 CD. BTW, is that V3.1 Final (since it was the last V3.1 release)?

    TIA,

Similar Threads

  1. X Server Errors with Kwrite/Kate
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:42 AM
  2. HP LaserJet 5L and Cups
    By HomerCube in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:38 AM
  3. Can't get CUPS to work
    By Razor-X in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:09 AM
  4. CUPS Problem
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
  5. CUPS Problem
    By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$222.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99