-
Junior Member
registered user
Error messages when loading persistant image
I created a persistant disk image on the hard disk using the menu "Knoppix->Configure->Create a persistent Knoppix disk image". After I create it, I reboot and when I get the persistent image dialog, I answer yes and the image loads with no errors. The second time I reboot and every time thereafter, I get the list of error messages shown at the end of this post. I have a newer laptop using Knoppix 5.1.1 DVD and its hard drive is a SATA drive and is recognized as sda. I have an older desktop using the Knoppix 5.1.1 CD and its hard drive is recognized as hda. The same thing happens on both computers. I googled this and found a few people that have had this problem in the past but no solutions were given. I have tried formatting the partition holding the persistent image as both ext2 and ext3 and the same thing happens in both cases. Even though I get these error messages, my settings seem to be getting saved from one session to the next. Should I just ignore these messages?
note - I tried an experiment once and modified the exit script to output the error messages when the umount command was given and the message was something like "device busy" or "file system busy" - sorry, I didn't write it down 
note2 - This sounds very similar to a problem that was just posted today by Alexey931 titled "USB Flash unmounted incorrectly on every boot".
Here are the messages:
************************************************** ******************************
e2fsck 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)
/media/sda6/knoppix.img was not cleanly unmounted, check forced.
....
Deleted inode xx has zero dtime. Fix? yes
.....
Block bitmap differences: ......................
Fix? yes
Free block counts wrong for group #0 .....
Fix? yes
Free block counts wrong .............
Fix? yes
Inode bitmap differences: ..............
Fix? yes
Free inode count wrong for group #0 ..............
Fix? yes
Free inodes count wrong .........................
Fix? yes
Similar Threads
-
By Zagorax in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2009, 03:20 PM
-
By Knopperdude in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
-
By luka in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
-
By Claus33 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2007, 11:01 AM
-
By dwieberd in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99