-
no network when booting into knoppix
Hi,
I am trying to setup knoppix because i want to switch from gentoo to debian.
But I can not make the network work. I have a MSI Laptop (Core2Duo) with this ethernet card:
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Unknown device 0341
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
Memory at fe1ff000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Expansion ROM at fe1e0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [48] Vital Product Data <?>
Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/1 Enable-
Capabilities: [60] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [84] Vendor Specific Information <?>
Kernel driver in use: r8169
Kernel modules: r8169
When knoppix is up and I try a to use the dhcp client (dhcp3 or so) I get a message that I have to configure a subnet in my dhcp server config. ????
So what to do? Any ideas.
When I installed gentoo I had problems with the nic too. I had to compile the kernel again, the the module r8169 work. But I do not have this chance on knoppix, isn't it?
menschmeier
Similar Threads
-
By nmincone in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By denali in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 03:21 PM
-
By Namisar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 05:53 AM
-
By blasco51 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By FlipinMonkeyPie in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 16 Gb Ddr 4-3200 Laptop Memory
$50.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

16GB Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1UI PC4-3200AA DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory
$99.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 53x -8gb DDR4 RAM Memory mixed brands skyhinxµn
$2100.00

Samsung (8X32GB) 256GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$1649.99

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack
$88.90

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00