-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
slackbp
I hate to suggest this on a Knoppix forum, but
grml is another Debian-based live CD distro, and I've had great success with it. .....
No problem suggesting alternatives here that work when Knoppix doesn't. Knoppix has always been pretty mediocre when it comes to wireless support, and IMHO has gone way down hill after version 4.02. I find that Puppy and Mandriva1 support several wifi cards that I have that Knoppix either doesn't recognize or seems to recognize but doesn't get them working. Glad to hear of another alternative, I had not seen this one mentioned in these forums before.
I've just downloaded it, burning the disc now. I was surprised how fast the torrent download was, 15 minutes on my modest DSL line. But you might save some people some effort when telling them about grml by mentioning that (as far as I can tell from the website and not having booted the CD yet), it's aimed at shell users and omits some things like KDE (and, of course, Open Office). So it might not be right for most users.
Similar Threads
-
By nmincone in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By denali in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 03:21 PM
-
By Namisar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 05:53 AM
-
By blasco51 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By FlipinMonkeyPie in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream GXW4501 Digital VoIP Gateway Works TESTED W Box It Came In.
$296.96

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T73W IP Phone VoIP Desk Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black
$70.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Yealink SIP-T54W 16-Line Color Display Business VoIP Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi
$99.50

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95