partimage. It is in knoppix, but.... it is to buggy for me...it is unusable in my own experience.
I think norton ghost is the best one (runs under DOS).
I use drive image on windows to make a compressed image of a Hard drive and then store it on my server.
How would I go about doing something like this with Knoppix?
I have some basic knowldge of linux. But I was just wondering if there was a better way than using gzip.
partimage. It is in knoppix, but.... it is to buggy for me...it is unusable in my own experience.
I think norton ghost is the best one (runs under DOS).
What kind of bug(s)? It worked fine for me -- and it can be used over a network.Originally Posted by oscar
I would check with your hard disk mnufacturer first. Most have a freeware boot disk on their website or bundled with a retail package that will do that function perfectly.
Originally Posted by Loper
Frequently hangs during image creation and what is worth it is unable to restore images. Sometimes partimage thinks that it is no place to restore image (for ex. "Image restore needs 20000100 and partition is only 20000000"). If partition is large enough, during restoration it always stops with an error message, I dont remember but message includes the words "magic label not found" or similar phrase.
Sometimes the image creation is very slow. 2 hours for 2gb (normally it takes only 20 minutes or less).
I was not able to make a succesfull image and restoration.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99