-
Junior Member
registered user
Mystery path ~/.dist/bin
When I open a terminal and type "echo $PATH" (without quotes) one of the paths listed is /home/knoppix/.dist/bin. This directory did not exist on my default knoppix system so I went ahead and created one. This is a cool place to put my own scripts. I can run them without changing the default path and when I back up my home directory, the scripts get backed up. But I have a few questions about this path.
1. What does 'dist' stand for?
2. Why is it hidden?
3. Is there a 'traditional' use for this directory in linux? (I couldn't find anything useful with google)
Thanks,
Bill
Similar Threads
-
By gench in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
-
By eon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
-
By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99