OK, how about this: I have an sftp server setup so my students can login with konqueror from anywhere in the school or from home using fish:// to save their work. Is there some way for sftp to allow anonymous logins?
TIA,
AJG
Hi, I need to setup an anonymous ftp server. I found in the Knoppix dox the following procedure to enable ftp:
In Knoppix 5.1.1 the command is /usr/sbin/inetd restart, not /etc/init.d/inetd restartCode:rm /etc/hosts.allow rm /etc/hosts.deny /etc/init.d/inetd restart passwd knoppix
However, this would not set up anonymous ftp, right? To use it you would have to login as knopix with a passwd. I don't want my users to be able to modify whats on my ftp server though.
So, how do I set up anonymous ftp?
TIA,
AJG
OK, how about this: I have an sftp server setup so my students can login with konqueror from anywhere in the school or from home using fish:// to save their work. Is there some way for sftp to allow anonymous logins?
TIA,
AJG
OK, just to clarify my first post above:
This wouldn't set up anonymous ftp, right? To use it you'd have to login as knoppix with a passwd. So, my ftp users would be able to modify whats stored on the site!
What I would like to do is login myself for uploading new files or to delete old ones (notes and resources for my students). Also, I'd like my users (students) to be able to login as anonymous without a passwd to download content I've uploaded.
How do I acheive this? Can I make sftp behave like this?
TIA,
AJG
I'm using QUANTIAN in my classroom right now which is KNOPPIX 4.0 plus OPENMOSIX and some cluster apps. All my PCs are hdd installed with QUANTIAN. Included in this distro is /usr/sbin/proftpd. Can I use this to set up anonymous ftp? If so, how?
TIA,
AJG

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24
OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air
$419.59
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718
$22.00
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05
$6.99